Pada pembahasan kali ini, saya sampaikan Soal UTS Kelas 8 semester 1 mata pelajaran bahasa inggris. Update 2019/2020
A. Berilah tanda silang (x) didepan huruf a,b atau c didepan jawaban yang benar !
Text 1. For numbers 1-8.
I love dogs very much. I keep some dogs in my house. They are Casper, Midas, Brwonie and Dottie. Casper is a dachshund. He’s short with long body and four strong legs. Brwonie is a collie. She has long and thick fur. What color is her fur? Brown, of course that’s why I call her Brownie. Dottie is a Dalmatian. She has a slim body and four long legs. She has thin fur and dots all over her body. The last is Midas. He is a bulldog. He has a large head, a short neck and thick short legs. He’s very strong. I always take care of my dogs everyday.
1. What kind of text is the text above? a. Recount c. Narrative b. Descriptive d. Report
2. The generic structure of the text is … . a. description – identification b. Identification – description c. Orientation – events – Reorientation d. Reorientation – events – Orientation
3. ‘They are Casper, Midas, Brownie and Dottie’ . The sentence is the …. of the text. a. Description c. Identification b. Orientation d. Events
4. ‘ He’s short with long body and four strong legs’ The sentence is one of the ……… of the text. a. Events c. Descriptions b. Orientations d. Identifications
5. How many dogs does the writer have? a. 1 c. 3 b. 2 d. 4
6. What does Casper look like? a. short with long body and strong legs b. Brown, with long and thick fur c. slim body, long legs d. thin fur and dots
7. Why does the writer call the collie, Brownie? The writer calls the collie, Brownie because …. a. she likes brownies c. she has brown fur b. she has brown ear d. she like it
8. What kind of dog is Dottie? Dottie is a … a. Dalmatian b. Daschun c. Bulldog d. Collie
Text 2. For numbers 9-15
Last week, I and my dad went to a store. We went there to buy some candies. In the store, the candies looked so good. I would have bought a lot of them but my dad said I could only have three. I gave the store owner the money for the candies. As we left the store, I ate one of the candies. It was yummy. I hope we come back soon.
9. What kind of text is the text above? a. Report c. Narrative b. Recount d. Descriptive
10. The generic structure of the text is … . a. description – identification b. Identification – description c. Orientation – events – Reorientation d. Reorientation – events – Orientation
11. ‘Last week, I and my dad went to a store’. The sentence is the …. of the text. a. Description b. Orientation c. Identification d. Events
12. “I would have bought a lot of them but my dad said I could only have three. I gave the store owner the money for the candies. As we left the store, I ate one of the candies.” The sentences is the … of the text a. Description c. Identification b. Orientation d. Events
13. Who went to the store? a. I and c. the writer b. my dad d. the writer and his dad.
14. Why did they want to go to the store? a. The writer wanted some candies b. The writer liked the candies c. They knew the owner well d. The candies looked good
15. What did the writer feel about the candies? The candies were … . a. bad c. delicious b. good d. the best candy
Text 3. For numbers 16-18
To: Brad Pitt Hi, friends, I would like to invite you to my birthday Party. Place: Hotel Novotel Day/Date: Saturday, the 15th November 2008 Time: 7.00 p.m. Be there and enjoy the fun in my 17th Birthday Party See you ……..! ( Nicole)
16. What kind of text is the text above? a. Announcement c. Invitation b. Descriptive d. Recount
17. To whom is the invitation addressed? a. Nicole c. Everybody b. Brad Pitt d. Brad’s friends
18. Who celebrates a birthday party? . a. Nicole c. Everybody b. Brad Pitt d. Brad’s friends
Text 4. For numbers 19-20
SMP XAVERIUS MARIA VOLLEYBALL COMPETITION (for all classes) Due to the 63rd Independence Day Anniversary, there will be volleyball competition for all classes Day/Date: Monday – Wednesday, 12-14 August 2008. Time: 8.00 a.m Each class must send two teams (boys team and girls team). Contact Mr. Van Basten to know more about the competition
19. What kind of text is the text above? a. announcement c. Message b. Invitation d. Memo
20. What is the function of the text? a. To tell the students about the Independence day b. To make known the students about the Independence day c. To invite the students to the 63rd Independence’s day anniversary d. To announce that there will be volleyball competition due to the 63rd Independence
Day anniversary WRITING Choose the correct answer!
Text 4. For numbers 21 – 25.
It (21)… my birthday party last week. My family (22) … .me a small party. I (23) …. my best friends to the party. There were about 15 people in the party (24) … . my parents, and my sister, Putri. It was great surprise that my uncle, Awang (25) … .come too. He works in a small company in Bengkulu, Sumatera.
21. a. is c. was b. are d were
22. a. give c. gives b. gave d. is giving
23. a. invite c. inviting b. invited d. was inviting
24. a. include c. included b. includes d. including
25. a. can c. could b. may d. might Text 5. For numbers 26-30
Today is my birthday. I usually have a big (26) ……. in my birthday. My (27) …. friends always come to my party. Today’s party is different from last year’s. I am having a (28)….. party than last year, with only my parents, my aunt, and my sister. There are seventeen candles. I am getting only a little (29)…. . It’s from my aunt, Diane. However I’m very (30) …. with my party.
26. a. party c. anniversary b. ceremony d. Celebration
27. a fine c. good b.well d better
28. a. large c. larger b. small d. smaller
29. a. souvenir c. grant b. reward d. gift
30. a. sad c. lucky b. sorry d. happy For numbers 31-33. Arrange the jumble words into the correct sentence!
31. usually – I – my pets – feed – every Morning 1 2 3 4 5 a. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 b. 2 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 5 c. 3 – 4 – 1- 2 – 5 d. 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 5
32. Raflesia Arnoldi – flower – in – the largest – is – the world 1 2 3 4 5 6 a. 4 – 2 – 5 – 1 – 3 – 6 b. 4 – 2 – 1 – 5 – 3 – 6 c. 4 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 5 – 1 d. 4 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 6 – 1
33. I and my family – for picnic – to Kaliurang – went – last month 1 2 3 4 5 a. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 b. 1 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 2 c. 1 – 5 – 2 – 4 – 3 d. 1 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 5
For Numbers 34-36. Choose the correct answer!!
34. Tomorrow, my aunt and my uncle ……. in Jakarta. a. arrive c. arrived b. arrives d. will arrive
35. We are going to have an important meeting with the owner of the hotel …. . a. now c. yesterday b. at present d. the day after tomorrow
In The Hospital I was in hospital last week. The doctor told me that I had to have an operation. I had to stay in the hospital for a week. The room in which I stayed was facing the garden, so I could see flowers outside from the windows. But I didn’t like the food there. It was tasteless. The doctor told me that I had to have a special diet. I mustn’t eat any spicy food in the future.
36.Why did the writer stay in the hospital? a.because the writer was ill b.because the writer was asked to do so c.because the writer had to have an operation d.because the writer likes it
37.From the first paragraph we know that the writer … a.didn’t need the hospital b.had an operation c.didn’t have to stay in the hospital d.had the hospital
38.Based on the second paragraph, the correct information is …. a.the room had a lot of windows b.the food was not delicious c.the doctors liked to work there d.the hospital is dirty
39.What information can you get from the third paragraph? a.the writer is not allowed to eat spicy food b.the food was spicy c.the doctor was on diet d.the writer didn’t like spicy food
Text two Rahmat went to a tailor to have his shirt and trousers made last Sunday. The tailor measured his hip and waist and also the length of the trousers. He also measured his chest. The tailor cut the cloth according to Rahmat’s measurement. Then he sewed the clothes on his sewing machine. He sewed the zipper on the trousers. The tailor’s wife fixed the buttons. The clothes were ready in five days. Rahmat tried them on. They fit him well.
40.Rahmat went to tailor because he wanted to ….. a.measure his chest c. cut the clothes b.sew his clothes d. get his clothes made
41.The tailor’s wife fixed the buttons. The italic word means …. a. attached to b. released from c. put into d. come to
42. Based on the first paragraph, the clothes were ready on …. a. Wednesday b. Thursday c. Friday d. Saturday
43. He sawed the clothes in his sewing machine. The italic word refers to… a. the tailor b. Rahmat c. the clothes d. the wife 9. A : “What do you think he is doing?” B : “ …… “ a.I think he works c. I think he worked b.I think he was working d. I think he is working
44. Dimas : “Do you want fried rice?” Rahman : “Not right now, thanks” The italic expression show about …. a. offering something c. accepting an offer b. refuse an offer d. forbidden
45. Rahmi : “What do you think of Indonesia Dedi?” Dedi : “It’s beautiful country. I like it very much. The underline express…. a. surprised b. invitation c. pleasure d. agreement
46. Will you come to my house? a. certainly, I will b. no, I am not c. no, I don’t will d. yes, I do
Text three Last holiday I went to Bromo mountain. I went there with my family by car. My father drove the car carefully. When I arrived there. It was very beautiful. The weather was cool and fresh. And there were so many people around the crater. Bromo was fantastic which I have ever never seen before.
47. Who went to bromo mountain? a. the teacher and the student c. the students only b. the writer d. all of the staff of school
48. How was the weather? a. the weather was uncomfortable c. the weather was very nice cool and fresh b. the weather was very hot d. the weather was
49. How many people were there? a. there is only one people c. there are many people there b. there are five people there d. there is a man there
50. Affan : “I think we should not clearly write the address on the envelope”. Rahman : “……it’s very important I think”. a. no, I don’t think so c. yes, I quite agree b. yes, I believe so d. I think so
Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris Kelas 8 Semester 1 Versi 2
Read carefully and choose the best answer between a, b, c, d, or e!
1. Dina : Mega, where are you? Mega : I’m in the house. What’s matter? Dina : oh _____________ . Mega: I’d like to help you. For what? Complete the dialogue above with suitable expression …. a. Would you like some help? b. Sorry, I can’t help you c. Could I possibly ask you to help me? d. Let me help you e. No, you don’t need to help
2. Chika: May I help you ? Gita: Hmmm. Don’t bother yourself, thanks. The underlined sentence express …. a. Asking help b. Giving help c. Offering help d. Refusing an offer e. Accepting an offer
3. Billy : Will you help me to build a snowman? Elsa : Yes, of course. _____ . Complete the dialogue above …. a. I won’t b. I will c. I will not d. Will I? e. Shall I?
4. Rita is clever because she always studies every day. What is the adjective of the sentence above? a. Rita b. Clever c. Studies d. Every day e. Because
5. The perfume in the room is… What is the correct adjective to complete the sentence above? a. Fragrant b. Smell c. Beautiful d. Sour e. Excellent
6. Their home is very… What is the correct adjective to complete the sentence above? a. Challenging b. Excellent c. Comfortable d. Cheap e. Sour
The text below is for question number 8 – 11
Do you know Isyana Sarasvati? She is a very famous singer from Indonesia. She is pretty and very talented. Her fulname is Isyana Sarasvati. She is usually called Isyana. This beautiful lady was born in Bandung, West Java, on May 2, 1993. Her parents are Sapta Dwi Kardana and Luana Marpanda.
Isyana, the Taurus girl, is slim. She is only 50 kg and 165 tall. She has a long smooth beautiful hair. By glimpsing, she looks like a korean star.
Talking about her personality, Isyana is kind of introvert girl. She seems very quiet. But actually she is friendly enough to people. Talking about her passion in music. Isyana likes jazz, RnB, pop, and soul. She also can play piano, saxophone, and violin. That’s fantastic. What do you know about her song? Isyana is being famous because of a very romantic song entitled “Keep Being You” and “Tetap dalam Jiwa”.
7. From the text above we know that,…. a. She is a famous and talented singer b. She can’t play musical instruments c. She dislikes jazz and RnB d. Isyana is an extrovert girl e. Isyana is not an artist
8. The second paragraph talks us about …. a. Isyana’s personality b. Isyana’s physical appearance c. Isyana’s attitude d. Isyana’s passion e. Isyana’s parents
9. What does Isyana do? She is a …. a. Vocalist b. Singer c. Pianist d. Musician e. Actrees
10. “She is a very famous singer from Indonesia”. The underlined word means …. a. Strange b. Unpopular c. Well-known d. Clumsy e. Unreal
11. She _____ her dog everyday a. To feed b. Feed c. Feeds d. Feeding e. Fed up
12. When __ you ____ a shower? a. Do, took b. Do, take c. Do, taken d. Do, taking e. Does, taken
13. Ruby : Do you like to sing? Alucard : … a. Yes, I likes to sing b. Yes, I like to sing c. Yes, I am liking to sing d. Yes, I liked to sing e. Yes, I had liking sing
The text below is for question 16 – 20
Romi and Roni are twins. They look the same, but they have some differences. Romi is 39 kg, but Roni is 47 kg. So, Roni is (1) …….than Romi. Roni is 160 cm tall, but Romi is 163 cm tall. So Romi is (2) ….. than Roni. Roni likes out door activities, but Romi doesn’t. So Roni’s skin is (3) …… than Romi’s skin. Romi always passes the math tests. Roni is sometimes fails in the math tests. So, Romi is (4) ….. at Math than Roni. Both Romi and Roni like to collect comics. Romi has 25 comics and Roni has 30 comics. So, Roni has (5)…. Comics than Romi
14. a. tinier b. heavier c. Smaller d. Slimmer e. largest
15. a. taller b. Fatter c. Bigger d. Shorter e. smaller
16. a. Fairer b. Whiter c. Darker d. Shorter e. taller
17. a. the best b. better c. good d. worst
18. a. many b. more c. much d. the most e. a lot
19. Kate : We’ll have a long holiday next month. What are you going to do? Yani : …. Kate : I hope you have a nice trip Complete the dialogue above …. a. I am thinking of going to Bali Sorry b. Sorry, I can’t tell you c. It’s not your business d. I have nothing to do e. I don’t know what to do
20. Alex : What do you think about the film ? Bram : I think ………………….. Complete the dialogue above …. a. I like it b. Thank you c. I can’t hear you d. You forget it e. Let’s go
kunci jawaban UTS bahasa inggris versie 2
1. C 2. D 3. B 4. B 5. A 6. C 7. A 8. B 9. B 10. C 11. C 12. B 13. B 14. B 15. D 16. C 17. . 18. B 19. A 20. A